Thursday, August 28, 2008

Summer Naps








Daren is famous for falling asleep anywhere but his bed. The first picture he is asleep on Cecy's pillow with her, the second picture is of him sleeping under his bed. He is seriously the funniest kid. His new thing is to say, "Mom don't talk to me". I know he is only 2, but he acts like he is in charge of our household. I keep thinking he will like me if I just keep feeding him, he is a boy so hopefully he will come around at least in his teenage years. He loves his siblings to death. I tell him about 30 times a day, "Don't touch Carson." Needless to say he can't keep his hands off him!
Carson is just a happy baby, he has just learned how to stand so I think walking is not far off. He loves balls and following his siblings around. He is approaching his first birthday, time flies! He loves it when I sit and play with him. He already likes to wrestle, which is good because he has to wrestle out of Daren's arms all day! He is definitely a Mommies boy, which I love, because the rest of them all prefer their Dad.
Alex never sleeps during the day, so this was a rare thing for him. He has a hard time stopping during the day. (He is just like his Mom, go...go...go and then crash when his head hits the pillow at night!) He loves to camp, ride his bike and read Magic Tree House books right now. He is a great cleaner and does jobs around the house, he especially likes to clean toilets, which I am ok with!
Cecy is always asking me why we don't have any sisters for her. I keep telling her that she might like to have her own room all growing up, and it is so fun to have brothers. I told her today to be grateful that she has siblings to play with and asked her if she would be sad if she was the only child and her response was, "That might be nice because then we could get a dog". (Dave is always saying we can't have a pet because we have too many kids! That was a pretty smart come back!) She really handles the boys great and loves playing with them. She is a true girl, she loves pink, dress ups and acting like a princess.
Though there are many moments of chaos in our house, we feel truly blessed to have these 4 children in our home. They make me smile and laugh everyday!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I love all these pictures! You guys have the cutest kids! Someday I would love to do a marathon...way to go! That is awesome!